Responsible for maintaining, implementing and training on the Group General Accepted Accounting Principles.
Furthermore, together with the Team Leader Accounting responsible for the accounting of all holding entities including the central equipment B.V.’s.
Finally, responsible for group tax strategy and more in detail responsible for all tax matters of the fiscal unity in The Netherlands.
- Reports to the Group Controller
- Manages the Team Leader Accounting and indirectly the HQ accounting team.
- Supporting role to local accounting teams if there are accounting issues to be resolved.
Part of the senior finance team consisting of the Group Controller, Corporate Accounting Manager, Consolidation Manager and the Corporate Business Controller.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintaining of the group accounting policies as described in the Accounting Manual. This includes updating the manual whenever required.
- Maintaining the standard chart of accounts as also included in the accounting manual.
- Responsible for training of local accounting teams to build up a higher level of accounting knowledge throughout the group. This can also require support visits where necessary.
- Solving accounting issues within the entire group.
- Support the Corporate Business Controller in the process of the preparations and finalization Group Annual Report. This includes together with the Team Leader Accounting the responsibility for the relationship with the external auditor for all holding issues.
- Responsible for the accounting of all holding entities in close cooperating with the Team Leader Accounting.
- Responsible for the statutory annual accounts of the various holding entities.
- Building a tax strategy for the entire group together with the Group Controller.
- Responsible for group tax items like transfer pricing policies and HQ costs allocations.
- Responsible for all tax issues relating to the Dutch fiscal unity including all personnel related items.
- Counter Part of the salary administration/HR for all accounting and tax related issues.
- Manage and coach the Team Leader Accounting and the accounting team. Including assuring that the HQ accounting team develops technical accounting knowledge and tax knowledge whenever applicable.
- Take joint responsibility with the senior finance team in fulfilling the goals of the team as a whole as documented in the one page plan. Make sure there is continues alignment to support each other and realize the best result as a team.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar international corporate role;
- Advanced IFRS and Dutch GAAP knowledge and experience;
- Proven experience in group accounting policies and annual report responsibilities.
- Proven experience in training and supporting local subsidiaries on accounting matters.
- Excellent language skills in English and Dutch (written and spoken);
- Excellent command of MS Office applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Lucanet is preferred;
- Willing to work in an international network organization, communicating with all levels;
- Willing to travel as required.