For my client in the financial services sector I’m looking to recruit a Financial Controller. You will become part of the Infrastructure team to manage the day-to-day of mid-tier holding and financing companies for investments.
The financial controller
- is responsible for the accounting, reporting, cash management and compliance for several Dutch companies within investment structures and does so in close collaboration with his/her manager;
- ensures proper (quarterly) closing of reporting periods and preparation of (consolidated) financial statements, FED reporting packages and US Tax reporting packages as well as support the team with statutory audits in order to meet all local compliance deadlines; and
- drafts cash flow memo’s for fundings and distributions and works with investment managers to ensure the process is run efficiently and accurately;
- provides assistance in investment related work flows, like the review of corporate documents, agreements and the incorporation of new entities.
- liaises and communicates with internal and external parties such as auditors, tax advisors, legal advisors and investment managers;
- acts pro-actively and supports his/her manager by informing the directors on developments;
- organizes board meetings including preparation, drafting of minutes and following up on action points;
- ensures compliance with laws regulations (including tax regulations, preparing corporate income tax returns, VAT filings and other requirements).
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accountancy, Controlling, Business Administration and/or Finance;
- Two to five years of working experience in an international environment; preferably experienced in compilation and with knowledge of bookkeeping and/or audit experience at a larger audit firm or at a financial services company;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles;
- Knowledge of and experience in accounting computer software (preferably Accountview and Caseware);
- Eager to learn and willing to develop him/herself;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good at planning and organizing;
- Team player;
- Make-it-happen attitude;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Must be able to communicate fluently in Dutch and English (both written and spoken);
My client offers a challenging position within a small team as part of a large international organization with a professional but informal atmosphere aimed to deliver first-class business in a first-class way. They offer a bonus plan, 27 holidays, pension plan and development allowance. Salary level between €45k – €60k pa depending on experience and qualifications.
Want more information or if you are interested please contact Luuk Bosch on 06-27119690 or firstname.lastname@example.org